Hiring a business coach is an important next level for most sole proprietors. If you think about it, no CEO does everything alone when it comes to running a business. They have assistants and advisors and many people that help keep them focused on and on track. A lot of times they also have a board of directions that create the focus and goals for them. They only have to implement them.
A business coach can be like a board of directors who helps you keep your business on track based on your stated goals. It doesn't matter where you are in your business's development – a business coach can be useful for many reasons.
1. You Need Help Getting Started If you're still in start-up phase, finding a business coach who specializes in start-up of a business like yours can be invaluable. They can help you because they already know the steps to take and how to direct you.
2. You Need a Push to the Next Level Once you've built a business to a particular level, it can be uncomfortable to push through to the next stage. But a trained and experienced business coach can give you the guidance and push (shove if needed) to move your business up a level. When you share your goals, they'll help you create steps to reach them.
3. You Are Stuck Sometimes a business owner just gets stuck and has no idea at all what they need to do to move forward. Sometimes they're not even sure if they even want to move forward anymore. If you are stuck, and bored, and unsure of your direction, a business coach can help guide you and give you clarity.
4. You Have a Problem with Focus Many business owners suffer from “shiny object syndrome” which is dangerous to the direction of the business. It can hold back a business owner from achieving success because they're always starting something new instead of finishing each project. A business coach can help you avoid this issue.
5. You Need to Have More Balance Are you working more in your business and not spending time with your family? Or, is your family intruding on your working hours so that you cannot become successful in your business? Either way a good business coach can help you reach balance so that you have a good life.
6. You Need to Find Your Purpose Not sure yet what your “why” is regarding doing your business? If you have that problem, a good business coach can help you identify why you are doing what you're doing and better focus on your unique selling proposition and target audience.
7. You Need Help with Plan Development Every business owner needs a plan of action. A business coach won't make your plans for you but they can help you narrow down what is essential and what is not so that your plan is easy to implement.
8. You Need Accountability – Being a sole proprietor has its advantages but it also has many risks, including the fact that you're not accountable to anyone. Having someone in whom you're accountable who isn't afraid to call you out when necessary is an essential way to create a successful business.
These are all great reasons to hire a business coach as soon as possible. Waiting around to hire a business coach is just making the success you seek further from your grasp. The sooner you hire an educated and experienced business coach, the sooner you'll reach all your goals.